College Corner » Supporting SSD: College/Career

Supporting SSD: College/Career


Transition from High School to College

Unlike the accommodations process in high school, accommodations in college are a shared responsibility between students, college staff, and faculty.

Rights: High School to College




DOE Resources

SUNY SSD Resources

CUNY SSD Resources

Accessible Colleges for SSD




Post secondary planning for students with IEPs 




The Transition and College Access Center supports families and students with the transition from high school to adult life. 


All students are provided with experiences that foster their academic, social-emotional and vocational growth and excellence, facilitating multiple pathways to graduation and success after high school.


I would highly recommend reaching out to the Transition and College Access Center (Queens location) and arrange an appointment with a representative, as they have a wealth of knowledge and supports for students and families. 


Queens Transition & College Access Center Homepage



Contact Us!

Queens Transition and College Access Center (TCAC)

Email: [email protected]

90-27 Sutphin Blvd, Room 152 (1st Floor), Jamaica, NY 11435