Here you will find an endless number of college resources, from how to apply, completing applications, fee waivers and more! This College Corner will be updated frequently, so be sure to come back and check out new links and announcements!
*also google ‘college name’ + ‘virtual tour/fair’
College score card
Career search tool:
Students who attend strong match colleges graduate at higher rates. Consider these three factors:
Find college planning checklists and more at the link below:
- In partnership with the DOE, The Next Stop College (NSC) project launched the College Match Tool. It will enable all NYC high school students the ability to create a strong match college list using their GPA. After selecting their GPA range students will receive access to lists of colleges they are likely to be accepted at, that match their academic eligibility and the schools that would be their reach schools.
- Students can also explore all of the 2,960 colleges in the tool and see their graduation rates broken down by race and ethnicity as well as anticipated cost by family income levels.
Future Ready Power Hours will begin on Wednesday, July 14, 2021 from TBD EST and run throughout the Fall. Please complete the form at the link below to register for the upcoming sessions.
“The Path” is a series of virtual live and on-demand events, hosted by NYS HESC, and designed to help New York’s students on their path toward a higher education. Students and their families can get advice about accessing and financing a college education from higher education experts by attending these events from the comfort of their homes. You can also register to receive 1:1 virtual assistance to complete financial aid (FAFSA & TAP) applications from a HESC representative!
Browse our upcoming events to join a discussion with HESC. Can’t make our virtual live event? Visit our on-demand events library to view archived events at your leisure.
Please note that pre-registration for our live events is required.
CUNY and SUNY suspend testing requirements for Fall 2022 - Spring 2023 Application Cycle
CUNY has extended the testing policy to include the Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 admission cycles.
- In light of the COVID-19 crisis, we are suspending the use of SAT and ACT tests through the Spring 2023 admission cycle. Applicants to any of our colleges will not be required to submit SAT or ACT test scores to be reviewed for admission; nor shall any submitted scores be considered in evaluating their applications.
SUNY has temporarily suspended SAT/ACT testing requirements for students applying for admission to a SUNY bachelor’s degree-granting college for the spring 2022, fall 2022 and spring 2023 terms.
- You may now decide whether or not to include your scores for admission consideration at each college to which you apply. If you believe your scores are an accurate representation of your ability, SUNY colleges can consider them along with all other materials in your application file. If you think your scores do not represent your abilities, SUNY colleges can holistically evaluate your application without considering them.
Other colleges going test optional across the country:
Explore various teen college/overall wellness programs offered through the NY Public Library!
- At the link below, click 'Programs & Activities', and on the left hand side menu, choose 'For Teens':