In-Person Class of 2021 Commencement
Greetings Seniors and Families,
We are happy to announce some updates regarding this year’s graduation for the class of 2021. We will be having an in-person, outdoor graduation! Here are the details:
Date and Time: Monday, June 21st, 2021 at 8:30am (students should arrive no later than 7:45am)
Location: St. John’s University outdoors on the Great Lawn
Tickets: Each graduate will be allowed a maximum of two guests. Graduates will be seated in alphabetical order. An example of two guests is one adult and one child. You will NOT be allowed to bring anymore than this.
** The ceremony will also be live streamed for those who don’t attend.**
Please keep in mind, seniors who do not complete the necessary assignments to receive a passing grade in their courses by June 18th will not be allowed to walk at graduation.
COVID Guideline Requirements
Our graduation will follow New York State, New York City, and St. John’s University COVID guidelines which includes:
- Wearing a mask at all times (no gaiters or bandanas)
- Social distancing
- Upon entrance, all graduates and guests must show campus public safety a “green pass” acquired from the St. John’s Health and Wellness app. Here are the steps for the app:
1. Download the mobile app. The name is “St. John’s University Connect.”
2. After installing the app, launch the app and click the Next button to continue.
3. Press “Campus Pass” and answer the questionnaire to get your “green pass.”
For more information on the app, please visit the following link: https://ithelp.stjohns.edu/support/solutions/articles/16000034026
- All graduates and guests will be required to show proof of a negative COVID test within 72 hours of event date and time OR proof of full COVID vaccination, with the final vaccine date at least two weeks prior to event date.
Senior Item Distribution
Date, Time, and Place: June 7th from 9am-1pm on the back field at Maspeth High School
During this event, you will receive your senior items (i.e. cap and gown, graduation tickets, senior t-shirt, yearbook, etc.).
Mrs. Healy and Ms. Koskinas