Safety precautions taken by the school
Safety Precautions Taken By Our School
In addition to asking everyone to wear masks, wash hands, and maintain social distancing, our school has taken several steps to improve the safety of our staff and students. These steps have been recomended by local health authorities to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and other illnesses.
- Changes in class sizes: We've reduced the average class size 9 for in-person instruction.
- Improvements in ventilation: In an effort to maximize air circulation, we are opening windows wherever and wherever/whenever possible.
- Electrostatic Sprayers: In addition to the electrostatic sprayers provided by the Dept. of Education, the school has purchase additional units to ensure timely cleaning.
- Increases in cleaning frequency: Our custodial team is committed to cleaning all classrooms, common areas, offices, passages and stairwells daily.
- Hand sanitation: All bathrooms have been stocked with extra soap for frequent hand washing. In addition, we have hand sanitizer for the classrooms and added hand sanitizer stations in common areas.
- Air Purifiers: Every single classroom and office is outfitted with an air purifier.
- Face Shields and Sanitizing Wipes: Maspeth High School will provide face shields and sanitizing wipes to every staff member
- Face Masks - Disposable face masks are available for staff/students who may have forgotten their own.
- Automated Temperature Screening: In addition to the handheld thermometers provided by the Dept. of Education, Maspeth High School has added Touchless & Automatic temperature screening kiosks (via medical grade infrared scanners) that require no physical interaction.