Physical Education is a vital part of human growth because it encompasses all three learning domains (cognitive, affective & psychomotor) making it unique and transferable to all aspects of life. Encouraging students to participate in after school physical activities and community programs is a top priority. Our ultimate goal is to have all students understand and appreciate sports and emphasize the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle.
CLASS RULES & EXPECTATIONS
Below is the breakdown of our grading policy. You will be able to acquire 4 points on a DAILY BASIS.
- A grade of 65 will be given to any student that is UNPREPARED 4 times in a single marking period.
- A grade of 65 will be given to any student that DOES NOT PARTICIPATE 4 times in a single marking period.
- A grade of 65 will be given to any student that has a combination of 4 infractions of non-participation and unprepared.
- Punctuality point will be deducted if students enter the gymnasium 5 minutes after the late bell.
- Students will be given 5 minutes to change at the beginning & at the end of class.
- Students are responsible for getting to class on time after P.E. class ends.
- For safety purposes jewelry is NOT allowed to be worn, unless it is a religious adornment or medical alert, which must be affixed properly to reduce the chance of injury.
Physical Education Department