Dear MHS Families,
Each morning, your child is required to swipe into school using our Comprehensive Attendance Administration and Security System (CAASS). We are very excited to announce that we have begun the roll out of an exciting new feature within this system which will make it much easier for you to keep track of your child’s attendance. CAASS Notifications will enable us to provide you with the following alerts:
- The time and date that your child arrives to school
- The time and date when your child arrives late
- A notification that your child hasn’t yet arrived to school by a specific time
- The time and date that your child leaves school (except for standard dismissal)
- A notification when your child is involved in a behavioral infraction
In the coming weeks, you will receive an “opt-in” form in the mail, coupled with a pre-paid return envelope. Simply complete the form and mail it back to us. You will be able to select the type of notifications that you want to receive and the method – e-mail or text – through which you receive them. This service is free to use, although text messaging rates may apply, and you are free to opt out at any time by contacting the school. Once we receive your form, you will begin to receive the text or email notifications of your choice within a few days. If you do not receive a letter in the mail in the next 2 weeks, please contact the school so that we can assist you.
Wishing you all a joyous, safe, and restful holiday break!
Khurshid Abdul Mutakabbir