Are you unsure what you want to make this Thanksgiving season? Well, you’re in luck because this article has some spectacular recipes that both you and your family will love!
Liliana Perez’s Famous Pumpkin Pie
Ingredients: Flour, cinnamon, salt, shortening, ginger, cloves, eggs, pumpkin puree, evaporated milk.
- Be hygienic and wash your hands!
- Preheat the oven to 425 F
- For the crust measure 2 cups of flour, 2 tsp of cinnamon, 1 tsp of salt and stir it all together in a bowl.
- Add ¾ cup of shortening and blend it into the mix.
- Add tsp of iced water into the mixture together and stir it all up.
- Let the mixture cool.
- In a separate bowl, you will prepare your dry ingredients by adding 1 cup + 2 tsp of sugar, 1 tsp + a pinch of cinnamon, 1 ½ tsp of ginger, ½ tsp of cloves and ¾ tsp of salt into the bowl and stir it all up. Keep this to the side it will be added to the filling shortly.
- Now for the filling, crack 3 eggs in a separate bowl and stir.
- Add 15 oz of pumpkin puree into the mixture.
- Add the dry ingredient mixture into the filling mixture bowl and stir.
- Now add 1 cup and 2 tsp of evaporated milk and stir again.
- Flour your pan.
- Spread your dough and place it evenly on the pan.
- Then pour your filling and mend the dough on top in a traditional pie shape.
- Bake the pie for 15 minutes on 425 F and then on 350 F for 40 minutes.
Mr. Franchese’s Mom’s Famous Cornbread Casserole Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Spray a large baking dish with cooking oil spray.
- 1 can corn (drained)
- 1 can cream corn
- 1 box of Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 stick butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 8 ozs of sour cream
- Mix everything together using an electric mixer.
- Pour mixture into a greased dish and cook for an hour.
Ig’s Stolen Recipe From Her Best Friend That Stole It From Online: Traditional Sweet Potato Casserole
Ingredients: 2 ½ pounds of sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes, ¾ cup packed brown sugar, ¼ cup softened butter, 1 ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ cup finely chopped pecans, divided, cooking spray, 2 cups miniature marshmallows.
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Place the cubed sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover them with cold water.
- When the potatoes boil, turn down the heat and let them simmer for 15 minutes.
- Drain the Dutch oven and let the potatoes cool.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl and add ¾ cup of brown sugar, ¼ cup of butter, 1 ½ teaspoon of salt, and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract into the mixture.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
- Fold in ¼ cup pecans.
- Spray an 11 x 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread an even layer of the mixture into the dish.
- WIth the remaining ¼ cup of pecans, spread it on the mixture.
- Top your dish with marshmallows.
- Bake for 25 minutes/until golden.
Mr. Scales Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe (Serves about 15-20 people) (Adapted from various sources)
What you will need:
- 2 lbs of Elbow Pasta
- 8 cups of Whole Milk
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup of Flour
- 1 Tbsp of Dried Mustard
- 2 tsp of Paprika (not smoked!)
- Lots of Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- 3 cups of Shredded Sharp Cheddar
- 1 cup of American Cheese, cubed or roughly torn
- 1 cup of Shredded Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup of Unsalted Butter for tossing the pasta
- 2 Sleeves of Ritz Crackers
- 1/3 cup of Melted Butter
What to do: (This all should be done the day of the event, best served fresh)
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Boil the pasta in plenty of salted water to al dente; drain well, put it back in the same hot pot and stir in ¼ cup of butter, pour into a very large buttered casserole dish (the one I use is a 18x13x2 inch)set aside.
2) In the same large pot, add the half cup of butter, allow it to melt, stir in the flour, cook for just a couple minutes then add the milk, cream and cook while constantly stirring over medium heat until it thickens a bit.
3) Add the mustard and paprika (you can skip these if you like, just gives better flavor), along with a good pinch of salt, lots of pepper and slowly stir in all the cheeses, pour the cream sauce over the cooked pasta in the pan (stir it all around to make sure the pasta is coated) and set aside while you make the topping.
4) In a food processor (or in a large Ziplocs bag), add the Ritz crackers and butter, pulse (or crush) until they develop into fine crumbs, sprinkle this mixture over the mac and cheese and pop it in the oven for about 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
*(Instead of Ritz crackers you can use any bread crumb topping you like)
*(You can use any of your favorite cheeses for this recipe, just use 2-3 so the dish doesn’t become dull and bland).