Impact of COVID on admissions for the Class of 2021
During these uncertain times, I know many students and families are concerned about how COVID will impact the college application process for the class of 2021. Use the resources below to remain up to date on changes related to testing (SAT/ACT) and the application process:
Collegeboard (SAT/AP): https://professionals.collegeboard.org/higher-ed/covid-19-updates
- Students who registered for the June SAT administration and those rising high school seniors in the class of 2021, who do not have SAT scores, will have early access to register for the August, September, and October SAT weekend administrations.
- On May 28, the College Board will begin to communicate with students, specifically students in the class of 2021, about fall SAT registration.
Please note the following updates:
- Students who have not previously taken an SAT exam (in the class of 2021) will be given priority to register for the August, September, and October SAT administrations, starting on May 28.
- Registration for the November and December administrations will open for all students starting on May 28.
- On June 3, registration for all test dates will be open to all students for next school year’s national SAT administrations (August 29, September 26, October 3, November 7, December 5).
- The March, May and June 2021 administration dates will also be available for registration.
Below are links that indicate which colleges have adopted a testing optional policy for Fall 2021 admission. This site gets updated daily:
PDF list of schools (updated as of 7/2020): http://fairtest.org/sites/default/files/OptionalPDFHardCopy.pdf
CUNY Updates: https://www.cuny.edu/admissions/future-student-guide/
Common App Updates: https://www.commonapp.org/coronavirus